Hong Kong New Generation Cultural Association
The Hong Kong New Generation Cultural Association is an education and training institution and a public charitable organization recognized by the government. It was established in 1974.
Creation and development
In order to promote STEAM education, the Association established the "Hong Kong New Generation Cultural Association Science and Creativity Centre" in 2006 to provide diversified services to the education sector. On the one hand, it has cultivated a large number of outstanding scientific and technological innovation talents for Hong Kong by organizing the future scientist training program, I&T MASTER training courses, popular science lectures and creative workshops; on the other hand, it has continued to hold various types of scientific competitions, including three The largest science competitions in Hong Kong ("Hong Kong Youth Science and Technology Innovation Competition", "Talent Cup-STEM Education Challenge" and "Hong Kong Youth Aerospace Innovation Competition"), hosted three largest science competitions in the country (including the "National Youth Science and Technology Innovation Competition" ", "National Youth Space Innovation Competition" and "Song Ching Ling Children's Invention Award"), as well as a number of the world's largest international scientific competitions ("Regeneron International Science and Engineering Grand Prix", "Geneva International Invention Exhibition", etc.), leading Based in Hong Kong, facing the motherland, and looking at the world, Hong Kong students have discovered and cultivated a large number of "children of stars" and "daughters of stars" for Hong Kong, winning glory for Hong Kong!
In order to promote technological innovation and entrepreneurship, the Association established the "Hong Kong New Generation Cultural Association Innovation and Entrepreneurship Center" in 2016. It is responsible for organizing the largest "Hong Kong University Student Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition" in Hong Kong every year, and is responsible for organizing the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region team to participate in the annual competition. The “Challenge Cup”/“Creating Youth” National Competition, the “China International Internet Plus” College Student Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition, the “Beijing-Hong Kong Youth Entrepreneurship Cup” Entrepreneurship Competition, and the “Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area Youth Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition” were held. In addition, the Association is also committed to providing various innovation and entrepreneurship support and supporting activities for college students and young makers, including setting up the "Youth Innovation and Entrepreneurship Fund" to support youth entrepreneurship, launching the "New Generation Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area Innovation and Entrepreneurship Funding Scheme", organizing innovation Entrepreneurship training lectures, workshops, exhibitions of outstanding works, mentoring and peering programs, start-up seed cultivation programs, etc.
In order to strengthen support for start-up teams in Hong Kong, the Association has established the "New Generation Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area Youth Entrepreneurship Fund". So far, 26 youth entrepreneurial projects have been funded, and the amount of funding for each project ranges from HK$400,000 to HK$450,000. and HK$600,000, while providing all-round support services including registration, bank account opening, accounting, legal, taxation and operations for the funded projects.
Taking "Vision, Innovation, Knowledge, and Commitment" as the goal of cultivating talents, the Association provides a variety of activities and services for young friends, so as to give young people the opportunity to nurture and develop themselves, gradually establish a positive outlook on life and care for the society The spirit of the crowd has become a new generation with knowledge and rooted in Hong Kong; advocating and creating conditions for young students to know and care about the motherland, comprehend and promote Chinese culture, so as to cultivate young people's sense of belonging and responsibility to the country and nation; at the same time To provide various support services for teachers and prospective teachers, to enhance the professional quality of teachers, to pass on the success of the teaching staff, and to benefit Hong Kong.
The predecessor of the Hong Kong New Generation Cultural Association, "Student Times", was reorganized in response to social changes and the needs of the times, and was renamed "Hong Kong New Generation Cultural Association". In addition to publishing the bi-weekly "Hong Kong New Generation", it is also committed to strengthening activities to nurture young students. The activities organized by the Hong Kong New Generation Cultural Association include: technology popularization, creative education, leadership training, national education, research, general education, exchange visits, joint school activities, etc.The popular science and creative education activities held by the new generation early include:
- "Hong Kong New Generation IQ Arena" (1990-1998);
- "Multiple Intelligences Competition" (1999);
- "Hong Kong Youth Invention and Creation Competition" (founded in 1997 - now known as "Hong Kong Youth Science and Technology Innovation Competition");
- "The 9th National Youth Invention and Creation Competition and Scientific Symposium" (1998);
- "Survey on the Current Situation of Cultivating Youth Creativity in Hong Kong" (1998-2002), etc.
- In July 2000, New Generation first hosted the "New Generation Invention and Environmental Education Project", which was sponsored by The Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust and the Quality Education Fund to facilitateMore comprehensive promotion of science and creativity education.
- From 2001 to 2002, organized a number of territory-wide creative education seminars for principals and teachers of primary and secondary schools in Hong Kong;
- In addition to supporting teacher training, the new generation also hosts the "Youth Science and Technology Innovation Competition".
- The Hong Kong Jockey Club has decided to title sponsor the Science and Innovation Competition in Hong Kong (hereinafter referred to as the Science and Technology Innovation Competition), and the Science and Technology Innovation Competition has also been renamed the "Hong Kong Jockey Club Youth Science and Technology Innovation Competition";
- Intel (China) Co., Ltd. decided to exclusively sponsor outstanding students from Hong Kong to participate in the "Intel International Science and Engineering Awards" in the United States every year;
- Since then the new generation has simultaneously acted as the followingcompetitionThe exclusive organizer in Hong Kong is responsible for coordinating and leading outstanding students from Hong Kong to communicate with scientific elites from all over the country and abroad every year.
- "National Youth Science and Technology Innovation Competition"
- "Tomorrow's Little Scientist" Reward Event
- "Taiwan International Science Fair"
- "National Youth Robot Competition"
- "Intel International Science and Engineering Awards"
- The new generation led the Hong Kong team to Portland, the United States for the first time to participate in the 55th "Intel International Science and Engineering Awards";
- Since then, the Association has led the Hong Kong team to participate in the "Intel International Science and Engineering Awards" every year;
- With the outstanding performance of the students, the International Astronomical Union has successively awarded the naming rights of "asteroids" to a number of Hong Kong students in recognition of their outstanding achievements in scientific research.
The New Generation has successfully approached the Education and Manpower Bureau (now known as the Education Bureau) to transform the former Sai Kung Countryside Learning Centre into the "Hong Kong New Generation Cultural Association Science and Creativity Centre". In addition to hosting and hosting local, national and international science competitions, the Science and Technology Innovation Center also organizes workshops, lectures and parent-child activities on science and creativity for teachers, students and parents, as well as various incubation programs and on-campus support work. It provides comprehensive and diversified scientific and creative activities for teachers, students and parents of primary and secondary schools in Hong Kong.
2008 - recent years
In recent years, the activities of the Science and Technology Innovation Center have also become more diversified. Since 2008, the Hong Kong Youth 3D Animation Creation Competition, the Science Creativity Excellence Cup and the Hong Kong Youth Science Fiction Creation Competition have been newly added. and participation. The winning students of the 3D Animation Creation Competition have the opportunity to go to different media production institutions for internships to learn more creative skills and understand the operation of the industry; the Science Creativity Excellence Cup encourages students to use their creativity to assemble and design smart cars; The winning students will have the opportunity to compete for the Ni Kuang Science Fiction Award, the highest honor for the creation of science fiction in the Chinese cultural sector.
Since 2009, the Science and Technology Innovation Center has been donated by the Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust to launch a three-year "Science and Creativity Cultivation and Promotion Project".Promote the importance of science and creativity education to Hong Kong students and carry out relevant nurturing activities.Events held include
- "Mentor's Mentoring Program - Future Scientists Cultivation Program"
- "Future Inventor Training Program"
- "Science Lecture"
- "Science and Creativity Workshop"
- "Hong Kong Students' Scientific Inventions Exhibition (Community Exhibition and School Roving Exhibition)"
- "Special Gifted Students Development Support Scheme" Student Training Camp
Looking to the future
The Science and Technology Innovation Center will further implement the founding purpose of the new generation, with the goal of "Vision, Innovation, Knowledge, and Commitment", with the support of people from all walks of life, to provide better and more comprehensive services for the healthy growth of young people, and to serve the whole Hong Kong Teachers provide more support services and training programs, benefiting the education sector and nurturing more outstanding talents.