- Hong Kong Youth Science and Technology Innovation Competition
- STEM Competition in Action: Vibration & Motion
- Hong Kong Youth 3D Animation Competition
- Hong Kong Youth Science Fiction Writing Competition
- China Adolescents Science and Technology Innovation Contest
- Awarding Program for Future Scientists
- The China Adolescent Robotics Competition
- Soong Ching Ling Awards for Children's Invention
- International Science and Engineering Fair
- International Exhibition of Inventions Geneva
- International Sustainable World (Engineering, Energy & Environment) Project Olympiad
- Global Environmental Issues Project Olympiad
- Taiwan International Science Fair
- National Danish Science Fair
Since its launch in 1997, the “Hong Kong Youth Science and Technology Invention Competition”(HKYSTIC) is now the largest and most popular science competition in Kong Kong with nearly 10,000 applicants from over 300 schools participating in this annual event. The competition targets kindergarten, primary and secondary school students and teachers, with categories including Science Fiction Drawing, Invention, Research, Science and Technology Practical Activity. The winning projects will have the opportunity to be nominated to participate in the largest national science competition in China – China Adolescent Science and Technology Invention Contest which is hosted by different mainland cities in August annually.
Official Website of HKYSTIC: http://stic.newgen.org.hk
Hong Kong Jockey Club Youth Science and Technology Invention Competition 02-03
HKNGCA Science Innovation Centre
Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust
To encourage scientific research and invention in young people, and to enhance their creativity and practical skills, the Association hosted the “Hong Kong Jockey Club Youth Science and Technology Invention Competition 02-03” with the sponsorship of Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust. There were 1,600 entries from 119 primary and secondary schools in the competition, including invented works, science essays, science fiction drawings and practical science activities, etc.
The Association held the Award Ceremony on 15 June at the Jockey Club Auditorium, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University. Besides the champion, the first and second runners-up and merit prizes, the organizer also presented the “Outstanding Organization Award” to schools which had actively organized students to participate and which had achieved outstanding results.
To exhibit and promote these creative fruits of science , the Association held an exhibition of outstanding works from 18-23 October, and printed a “Collection of Outstanding Works” to send to primary and secondary schools in Hong Kong for learning purpose.