- Hong Kong Youth Science and Technology Innovation Competition
- STEM Competition in Action: Vibration & Motion
- Hong Kong Youth 3D Animation Competition
- Hong Kong Youth Science Fiction Writing Competition
- China Adolescents Science and Technology Innovation Contest
- Awarding Program for Future Scientists
- The China Adolescent Robotics Competition
- Soong Ching Ling Awards for Children's Invention
- International Science and Engineering Fair
- International Exhibition of Inventions Geneva
- International Sustainable World (Engineering, Energy & Environment) Project Olympiad
- Global Environmental Issues Project Olympiad
- Taiwan International Science Fair
- National Danish Science Fair
Since its launch in 1997, the “Hong Kong Youth Science and Technology Invention Competition”(HKYSTIC) is now the largest and most popular science competition in Kong Kong with nearly 10,000 applicants from over 300 schools participating in this annual event. The competition targets kindergarten, primary and secondary school students and teachers, with categories including Science Fiction Drawing, Invention, Research, Science and Technology Practical Activity. The winning projects will have the opportunity to be nominated to participate in the largest national science competition in China – China Adolescent Science and Technology Invention Contest which is hosted by different mainland cities in August annually.
Official Website of HKYSTIC: http://stic.newgen.org.hk
Hong Kong Jockey Club Youth Science and Technology Invention Competition 04-05
HKNGCA Science Innovation Centre
Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust
The competition aims to provide a platform for youth to create and practice, so that they may begin scientific researched and creation at a young age and put the creative ideas into innovative products. We received a total of 3,877 productions from 187 secondary and primary schools, which was the most as compared to the previous years. The competition is the largest in scale among academic science competitions in Hong Kong so far.
The award ceremony was successfully held at the Jockey Club Auditorium, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University on 16 April 2005. We were honoured to have The Hon. Rita Fan Hsu Lai-tai, JP, President of the Legislative Council, Prof. Paul Chu, The Chief Science Advisor of the Committee and Principal of the University of Science and Technology and Mr William Yiu, Executive Director, Charities and Corporate of the Hong Kong Jockey Club to officiate at the ceremony. It was jolly on the day of the ceremony, when prize winners, parents, teachers, principals and media overwhelmed the Auditorium. We would like to express gratitude to the dedicated judges and teachers and students participating in the competition, whose efforts made the event a great success.