- Hong Kong Youth Science and Technology Innovation Competition
- STEM Competition in Action: Vibration & Motion
- Hong Kong Youth 3D Animation Competition
- Hong Kong Youth Science Fiction Writing Competition
- China Adolescents Science and Technology Innovation Contest
- Awarding Program for Future Scientists
- The China Adolescent Robotics Competition
- Soong Ching Ling Awards for Children's Invention
- International Science and Engineering Fair
- International Exhibition of Inventions Geneva
- International Sustainable World (Engineering, Energy & Environment) Project Olympiad
- Global Environmental Issues Project Olympiad
- Taiwan International Science Fair
- National Danish Science Fair
Since its launch in 1997, the “Hong Kong Youth Science and Technology Invention Competition”(HKYSTIC) is now the largest and most popular science competition in Kong Kong with nearly 10,000 applicants from over 300 schools participating in this annual event. The competition targets kindergarten, primary and secondary school students and teachers, with categories including Science Fiction Drawing, Invention, Research, Science and Technology Practical Activity. The winning projects will have the opportunity to be nominated to participate in the largest national science competition in China – China Adolescent Science and Technology Invention Contest which is hosted by different mainland cities in August annually.
Official Website of HKYSTIC: http://stic.newgen.org.hk
Hong Kong Jockey Club Youth Science and Technology Invention Competition 05-06
HKNGCA Science Innovation Centre
Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust
The Competition is popular among the academic circle and was held already for the 8th time this year. It encouraged students to create at a young age through providing a platform for them to turn creative ideas into innovative productions. This year we received 3,780 entries under the categories of “Science Fiction Drawing”, “Outstanding Innovation” and “Technology in Practice” from 165 secondary and primary schools.
The award ceremony was successfully held in the Academic Community Hall of the Hong Kong Baptist University on 30 April. We were honored to have the Honorary Advisers, Dr. Patrick Ho, JP, Secretary for Home Affairs, The Chief Science Advisor of the Competition, Prof. Tsui Lap-chee, Vice-Chancellor, The University of Hong Kong and Mr William Yiu, Executive Director, Charities and Corporate of the Hong Kong Jockey Club to officiate at the ceremony. The awardees shared with us their ideas in creation while the judging panel told us their thoughts in the adjudicating process. It was a jolly occasion as principals, teachers, students, parents and media overwhelmed the venue.