- Hong Kong Youth Science and Technology Innovation Competition
- STEM Competition in Action: Vibration & Motion
- Hong Kong Youth 3D Animation Competition
- Hong Kong Youth Science Fiction Writing Competition
- China Adolescents Science and Technology Innovation Contest
- Awarding Program for Future Scientists
- The China Adolescent Robotics Competition
- Soong Ching Ling Awards for Children's Invention
- International Science and Engineering Fair
- International Exhibition of Inventions Geneva
- International Sustainable World (Engineering, Energy & Environment) Project Olympiad
- Global Environmental Issues Project Olympiad
- Taiwan International Science Fair
- National Danish Science Fair
Since its launch in 1997, the “Hong Kong Youth Science and Technology Invention Competition”(HKYSTIC) is now the largest and most popular science competition in Kong Kong with nearly 10,000 applicants from over 300 schools participating in this annual event. The competition targets kindergarten, primary and secondary school students and teachers, with categories including Science Fiction Drawing, Invention, Research, Science and Technology Practical Activity. The winning projects will have the opportunity to be nominated to participate in the largest national science competition in China – China Adolescent Science and Technology Invention Contest which is hosted by different mainland cities in August annually.
Official Website of HKYSTIC: http://stic.newgen.org.hk
Hong Kong Youth Science and Technology Invention Competition 06-07
HKNGCA Science Innovation Centre
Education Bureau, Innovation and Technology Commission
The largest scale science competition in Hong Kong was held for the 9th year to encourage students to learn creating at a young age by providing rooms for innovation. This year’s competition received 5,414 entries of science fiction drawings, inventions, papers and technology in practice from 186 secondary and primary schools. The number of entries collected hit record high and the popularity of the competition was unprecedented.
The award ceremony was held successfully at the Jockey Club Auditorium of the Hong Kong Polytechnic University on 1 April. The Hon. Joseph Wong Wing-ping, GBS, JP, former Secretary for Commerce, Industry and Technology, Prof. Paul C.W. Chu, President of the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology and Dr. Catherine Chan, Principal Assistant Secretary (Curriculum Development), Education Bureau were invited to officiate at the ceremony. HKNGCA Science Advisors, Dr. Rebecca Lee Lok-sze, Founder of Polar Museum Foundation and Mr. Cheung King-fung, Chairman of the Hong Kong Invention Association and the judging panel presented prizes to the award-winners. The venue was crowded with students, parents, school principals, teachers and media.