The “Hong Kong Youth 3D Animation Competition” (3DAC) was launched since 2008. It is now co-organized by HKNGCA Science Innovation Centre and Hong Kong Cyberport Management Company Limited. 3DAC aimed to provide opportunity for the younger generation to showcase their talent and develop their potentials in innovation, technology and design through the promotion of 3D animation technology and to enhance awareness in the community of the importance in creative education and creative industries. 3DAC receive great support from the industries, Autodesk® was the official software provider throughout the years providing free 3D software for participants to use; free 3D animation software training betweeen July and August is provided by Summit Technology (Hong Kong) every year. Top winners will have the opportunity to be nominated to undertake internship and visiting program in creative multi-media companies to experience their actual operation.
Hong Kong Youth 3D Animation Competition 2014-2015
Hong Kong New Generation Cultural Association • Hong Kong Cyberport Management Company Limited
Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education(IVE)
Official Software Provider
Autodesk Far East Limited
Digital Broadcasting Corporation Hong Kong Limited
Innovation and Technology Commission • Summit Technology (HK) Limited • Synnex Technology International (HK) Limited • Children Science • Move Hand Workshop • Hong Kong Arts Centre • The Hong Kong Polytechnic University • Bull.B Technology Limited
1. To provide opportunity for the younger generation to showcase their talent and develop their potentials in innovation, technology and design through the promotion of 3D animation technology.
2. To enhance awareness in the community of the importance in creative education and creative industries
Hong Kong Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Institution students
Briefing Session：25 November 2014
Training Workshop：December 2014 to January 2015
Deadline of Application：3 March 2015
Deadline of Entry Submission：
3D Still Image ⇔ 16 March 2015
Animation ⇔ 8 April 2015
Preliminary Judging： Early April, 2015
Final Judging and Prize Presentation Ceremony：2 May 2015
The competition divide into 6 divisions:
1. Primary Division (3D Still Image)
2. Secondary Division I (3D Still Image)
3. Secondary Division II (1 Minute Animation)
4. Secondary Division III (3 Minute Animation)
5. Tertiary Institution Division I (3 Minute Animation)
6. Tertiary Institution Division II (Stereoscopic 3D Animation)
1. For Primary Division (3D Still Image) and Secondary Division I (3D Still Image), students compete on individual basis. Students of Secondary Division I (3D Still Image) must be junior secondary students (F.1-3).
2. For Secondary Divisions II & III, students compete on individual basis or in teams of 2 to 4 students. Students of the same team can come from different forms.
3. For Tertiary Institution Division I & II, students (must be full time tertiary students at the time of submitting the entry form) compete on individual basis or in teams of 2 to 4 students. Students of the same team can come from different forms. Registrants are required to have experience in operating 3D software or participation in relevant 3D animation competition.
Each participant/team must be led by a teacher or parent. Each teacher or parent may lead more than one participant/team but each participant can join one team only. Each participant/team can only submit one entry. Each participants should submit the supporting documents for proof of full-time student status, together with the entry form.
My Ideal Home 我的理想家園
"What is your ideal home?" It should be a dream for everyone to have an ideal home. The theme of this year’s competition is "My Ideal Home" and you are invited to join the 3D Animation competition sharing or creating your own Ideal Home with us.
1. The entry must be composed with a 3D software.
2. The entry must be composed with graphics. Graphics with text effects such as “BANG!!!”, “Wow!!” are acceptable.
3. Subtitle cannot be included.
4. No voice over dialogue is allowed.
5. To ensure fairness, the identity of the school and the participants (e.g. insignia and name of school, name of participants, etc.) cannot be shown in any format in the entry submission.
6. All entries must be original, have never been released and do not infringe any rights (including copyright) of others.
7. The entry must not contain any objectionable, indecent or defamatory contents.
1. There will be one 1st Place Award, two 2nd Place Award, three 3rd Place Award and a number of Merit Awards (depending on the number of submission) for each division.
2. Special Award：
Best Youth 3D Animator
Best Image Design
Best Sound Effect
Best Visual Effects
Outstanding 3D School (Each for secondary and Primary school, award to school that submit most quality entries)
3. Winners will be awarded with trophies, certificates and prizes
4. Winning entries may be made into 3D figures
5. Winners will have the opportunity to undertake internship and visiting program in creative multi-media companies
6. Outstanding entries will be broadcasted in “InnoCarnival 2015”
7. Certificates will be awarded to participating students and teachers as recognition
Complete the Entry Form and
i) return it to the HKNGCA Science Innovation Centre( 21 Hong Kin Road, Tui Min Hoi Area, Sai Kung)
ii) fax to 2792 0286
iii) email to firstname.lastname@example.org
On-school animation training workshop
On-school animation training workshop will be provided for schools with over 20 participating students and equipped with appropriate computing facilities (available in weekdays between 26 November 2014 and 30 January 2015 only).
Autodesk 3ds Max
1. Science Innovation Centre will contact participants to participate the compeition through email
2. No application fee for 3DAC
3. The entry should be submitted together with its source files and must be stored in a DVD. The file must be named by the entry title which must also be clearly specified on the DVD. Venue for submission:HKNGCA Science Innovation Centre, 21 Hong Kin Road, Tui Min Hoi Area, Sai Kung (Please mark “Hong Kong Youth 3D Animation Competition 2014-2015” on the letter cover)
4. No entries will be returned. Participants should make copies of their own, if deemed necessary.
Create Hong Kong of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region provides funding support to the project only, and does not otherwise take part in the project. Any opinions, findings, conclusions or recommendations expressed in these materials/events (or by members of the project team) are those of the project organizers only and do not reflect the views of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, the Communication and Technology Branch of the Commerce and Economic Development Bureau, Create Hong Kong, the CreateSmart Initiative Secretariat or the CreateSmart Initiative Vetting Committee.